Monday, July 12, 2010

I may be going full-time as pastor

Unfortunately, my fire alarm business has taken another huge hit because of my preaching. In the midst of persecution last September, our largest customer canceled all of our contracts, and I had to lay off all of my employees. Now, my other large customer that was keeping the company afloat has apparently decided to stop doing business with me because they found out "who I am."

Maybe this is God showing me that it is time to go full time as pastor since I keep losing business due to my preaching and all of the media/internet attacks on our church. I have some extra money that I have earned over the last few months that I can support my family on temporarily since at this point the church cannot afford to pay me a full time salary. During that time, I plan to work harder than ever winning souls and reaching people, and pray that the church will grow to the point where I can continue to serve God full time.

Please pray for me and for our church during this time of possible transition. The good thing is that I will be winning more souls than ever since that will be my full time job! Please pray that the church will grow and that the finances will be there for me to continue doing so and still be able to support my family of 7 (soon to be 8!).

8 comments:

j said...

We will be praying for you for sure!!!!! So sorry about the fire alarm thing and all because of your preaching. The Lord will figure all this out and keep up the hard preaching. It is a blessing to so many!!!!! Hey maybe now that you are off more you all need to make a trip here to see us in ID!!!!!! :) We have a nice basement for you!!!!! I will let CHad know to pray to.

Argon Family

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're losing business. maybe this will get it through your thick head that most normal people think you're crazy & hateful.

austin

Anonymous said...

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." -- Proverbs 24:17-18 (King James Version)

Angela said...

Or maybe this is God telling you something else...

anonymous said...

We are praying for you. Genesis 50:20

shuka13 said...

I will pray for you and your family, Pastor Anderson. You are the hardest working man on Earth I have ever known. I will pray you keep on with fortitude no matter what God has for you.

shuka13 said...

Austin, most people are crazy and hateful! Wouldn't surprise me at all if most people think Pastor Anderson is crazy and hateful. Most people hate God. Makes sense to me.

Keep on preaching the Bible, Pastor Anderson. The "FEW" are grateful to God for YOU!

Anonymous said...

I know this was posted 3 years ago, hope you are full time now as pastor. God will provide all of your needs if you are faithful to Him. Keep preaching the book and honor the Lord, not matter the cost! He will help you and give you strength. I went through a similar thing. The night it happened my wife read me Psalm 91. Glory to the living God!