Monday, July 12, 2010

28th Sunday of 2010

This Sunday morning service we had 49 in attendance, and I preached a sermon entitled "Through Faith We Understand." It was especially exciting to have a visitor in the service whose door I had just knocked the night before. In the afternoon, we had 20 different people from our church go out soul-winning. I personally won 2 people to the Lord.

In the evening service we had 34 in attendance, and I preached a sermon on "Biblical Friendship." I started out in Job 6, explaining why we shouldn't be a "fair-weather friend" the way that Job described his friends in that chapter. Then I explained the importance of having the right friends and being the right kind of friend.

Scott and Chris S. had a visitor in the evening service from their soul-winning efforts. Great job, guys!

No comments: